I am an associate professor at UIC. Here is my CV (2016-05-20).
Chicago-area seminars: [UIC], [UC], [NU].
University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
851 S. Morgan St.
Chicago, IL 60607
Office: SEO 419
UIC Seminars: I organize the Algebraic K-Theory Seminar [AKTS] (previously the Homotopy Theory Seminar). One semester, I organized a Homotopy Algebras Seminar [HAS].
The Summer school on trace methods in algebraic K-theory was held at Indiana University the week of 7-11 August 2017.
The Winter 2015 Midwest Topology Seminar was held at UIC on 28 February 2015. See here for details.
Research Interests: Brauer groups, (derived) algebraic geometry, and K-theory.
Publications and Preprints:
- B. Antieau and J. Heller, Some remarks on topological K-theory of dg categories, submitted. [arxiv:1709].
- B. Antieau, A. Auel, C. Ingalls, D. Krashen, and M. Lieblich, Period-index bounds for arithmetic threefolds, submitted. [arxiv:1704].
- B. Antieau, D. Gepner, and J. Heller, On the theorem of the heart in negative K-theory, submitted. [arxiv:1610].
- B. Antieau and L. Meier, The Brauer group of the moduli stack of elliptic curves, submitted. [arxiv:1608].
- B. Antieau and E. Elmanto, A primer for unstable motivic homotopy theory, to appear in the proceedings volume "Bootcamp for the 2015 Algebraic Geometry Summer Research Institute (Utah, 2015)". [arxiv:1605].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, Prime decomposition for the index of a Brauer class, Ann. Sc. Norm. Super. Pisa Cl. Sci. (5) XVII (2017), 277-285. [arxiv:1510].
- B. Antieau and G. Stevenson, Derived categories of representations of small categories over commutative noetherian rings, Pacific Journal of Mathematics 283 (2016), no. 1, 21-42. [arxiv:1507].
- B. Antieau, On the integral Tate conjecture for finite fields and representation theory, Algebraic Geometry 3 (2016), no. 2, 138-149.
- B. Antieau, T. Barthel, and D. Gepner, On localization sequences in the algebraic K-theory of ring spectra,
to appear in the Journal of the European Mathematical Society. [arxiv:1412].
- B. Antieau and K. Chan, Maximal orders in unramified central simple algebras, Journal of Algebra 452 (2015), 94-105, [Online First]. [arxiv:1412].
- B. Antieau, D. Krashen, and M. Ward, Derived categories of torsors for abelian schemes, Adv. Math. 306 (2017), 1-23, [Online First]. [arxiv:1409].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, The prime divisors of the period and index of a Brauer class, J. Pure Apl. Alg. 219 (2015), no. 6, 2218-2224,
[Online First]. [arxiv:1403].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, Topology and purity for torsors, Documenta Math. 20 (2015), 333-355, [Documenta]. [arxiv:1311].
- B. Antieau, Twisted derived equivalences for affine schemes, Brauer groups and obstruction problems (Palo Alto, 2013), Progress in mathematics, vol. 320, Birkhauser Basel, 2017, 7-12. [arxiv:1311].
- B. Antieau, A reconstruction theorem for abelian categories of twisted sheaves, J. reine angew. Math. 2016 (2016), no. 712, 175–188.
- B. Antieau, A local-global principle for the telescope conjecture, Adv. Math. 254 (2014), 280-299,
- B. Antieau, Etale twists in noncommutative algebraic geometry and the twisted Brauer space, Journal of Noncommutative Geometry 11 (2017), no. 1, 161-192.
- B. Antieau and D. Gepner, Brauer groups and etale cohomology in derived algebraic geometry, Geometry & Topology 18 (2014), no. 2, 1149-1244. [Journal].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, On the classification of oriented 3-plane bundles over a 6-complex, Topology and its Applications 173 (2014), 91-93. [arxiv:1209].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, Unramified division algebras do not always contain Azumaya maximal orders, Invent. Math. 197 (2014), no. 1, 47-56.
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, The topological period-index problem over 6-complexes, J. Top. 7 (2014),
617-640. [Online First].
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, Serre-Godeaux varieties and the etale index, Journal of K-theory 11 (2013), no. 2, 283-295.
- B. Antieau, D. Gepner, and J. M. Gomez, Actions of K(pi,n) spaces on K-theory and the uniqueness of twisted K-theory, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 366 (2014), no. 7, 3631-3648.
- B. Antieau and B. Williams, The period-index problem for twisted topological K-theory, Geometry & Topology 18 (2014), no. 2, 1115-1148. [Journal].
- B. Antieau, On a theorem of Hazrat and Hoobler, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 141 (2013), no. 8, 2609-2613.
- B. Antieau, A. Ovchinnikov, and D. Trushin, Galois theory of difference equations with periodic parameters, Comm. Alg. 42 (2014), no. 9, 3902-3943.
- B. Antieau, Cech approximation to the Brown-Gersten spectral sequence, Homology, Homotopy and Applications 13 (2011), no. 1, 319-348.
- B. Antieau, Cohomological obstruction theory for Brauer classes and the period-index problem, Journal of K-theory 8 (2011), no. 3, 419-435.
- B. Antieau, The spectral index of Brauer classes, PhD thesis (2010), UIC. [pdf].
Notes, slides, and videos:
- c2.sage - a short SAGE script to compute second Chern classes of representations of SL_n. [github].
- Xing Gu (Ph.D. 2017, co-advised with Brooke Shipley).
- Tasos Moulinos (co-advised with Brooke Shipley).
- Victor Jatoba.
- Jānis Lazovskis.
- Harry Smith.
- Joel Stapleton.
Future Conferences and Talks:
13-15 October 2017: Graduate Research Opportunities for Women 2017, Northwestern University.
6-11 May 2018: Infinity-categories, infinity-operads, and their applications, BIRS-Oaxaca.
16-20 May 2018: Chromatic homotopy theory: journey to the frontier, CU Boulder.
18-22 June 2018: Equivariant homotopy theory and K-theory, FU Berlin.
18-22 June 2018: The 13th Brauer group conference, Pingree Park, Colorado.
24-28 September 2018: Chromatic homotopy theory and derived algebraic geometry, Newton Institute, Cambridge, UK.
22 January to 24 May 2019: Derived algebraic geometry, MSRI.
Recent Past Conferences and Talks:
7-11 August 2017: Summer school: trace methods in algebraic K-theory, Indiana University.
25-26 July 2017: Recent trends in algebraic cycles, algebraic k-theory and motives, Mathematical Congress of the Americas, Montreal, Canada.
17-21 July 2017: Homotopy theory: tools and applications, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
15-19 May 2017: K-theory in algebraic geometry and number theory, Hausdorff Institute for Mathematics, Bonn.
15-19 May 2017: Triangulated categories and geometry - a conference in honour of Amnon Neeman, Universität Bielefeld.
8-27 May 2017: K-theory and related fields, Hausdorff Institute for Mathematics, Bonn.
1 May 2017: talk at Northwestern University.
15 April 2017: JHU-UMD Algrebra and Number Theory Day, Johns Hopkins University.
3-7 April 2017: Invertibility and duality in derived algebraic geometry and homotopy theory, Universität Regensburg.
1-2 March 2017: talks at University of Arizona.
27 February 2017: talk at MIT.
8 February 2017: talk at Stony Brook.
29 November 2016: talk at UIUC.
16 November 2016: talk at Purdue University.
2-4 September 2016: TAAAG: Topological approaches to algebra and arithmetic geometry, University of Georgia.
25-29 July 2016: Second Chicago summer school in geometry and topology, University of Chicago.
10-12 June 2016: Introduction to unstable motivic homotopy theory, Universität Münster.
8 June 2016: talk at Imperial College, London.
7 June 2016: talk at King's College, London.
- 24-27 May 2016: 2016 USC K-theory Summer School, USC.
10 May 2016: talk at Universität Bonn.
6-8 May 2016: Motives and derived algebraic geometry, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
3 May 2016: talk at NYU.
6-7 February 2016: Winter 2016 Midwest Topology Seminar, Northwestern
14-18 September 2015: The use of linear algebraic groups in algebra and number theory, Banff.
12-31 July 2015: 2015 AMS algebraic geometry summer institute, University of Utah.
6-10 July 2015: Bootcamp for the 2015 algebraic geometry summer institute, University of Utah.
11-16 May 2015: K-theory: future directions, OSU.
4 May - 21 August 2015: Homotopy theory, manifolds, and field theories, Hausdorff Institute for Mathematics, Bonn.
7-17 April 2015: Derived algebraic geometry,
with a focus on derived symplectic techniques, University of Warwick.
28-29 March 2015: Higher structures and cohomology theories, University of Pittsburgh.
9-13 March 2015: Chow groups, motives, and derived categories, IAS.
6-10 August 2014: K-theory and related topics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing.
19-22 May 2014: Representation theory and K-theory in honor of
Eric Friedlander's 70th birthday, USC. [Deadline 31 March 2014.]
12-13 April 2014: Homological methods in algebraic geometry, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
21-23 March 2014: Special session on Brauer groups and Galois cohomology at the AMS Southeastern Spring Section Meeting, Knoxville, TN.
27-31 January 2014: Introductory workshop: algebraic topology, MSRI. [Deadline 27 October 2014.]
28 August - 2 September 2013: Gelfand centennial conference, MIT.
10-14 June 2013: Conference on torsors, nonassociative algebras and cohomological invariants, Fields.
28 May - 1 June 2013: Homotopical methods in algebraic geometry, USC.
8-12 April 2013: Interactions between noncommutative algebra, representation theory, and algebraic geometry, MSRI.
25 February - 1 March 2013: Brauer groups and obstruction problems, AIM.
6-10 August 2012: 10th Brauer group conference, Pingree Park, Colorado.
23-27 July 2012: Algebraic topology: applications and new directions, Stanford.
16-21 July 2012: Advances in K-theory summer school, Stanford.
11-15 June 2012: Virginia conference on algebraic topology, UVA.
12-16 December 2011: International workshop on motives, Tokyo.
22-25 March 2011: K-Theory and motives on the occasion of the 60th birthday of Andrei Suslin, UCLA.
17-21 January 2011: Deformation theory, patching, quadratic forms, and the Brauer group, AIM.